Thursday 17 April 2014

My CV

Here is my CV. I have removed my personal details for obvious reason. We don't want any prank calls or identity fraud now do we?

Curriculum Vitae
Anna Corcoran
Address

Phone numbers


I am a hard worker that strives for success. I have quite a lot of experience working with people of all ages and I think that is one of my strong points as I have had to work with disadvantaged children and children with learning and behavioural problems. I love to learn and I am willing to be trained up to fulfil a position. I am also very creative and can use this in practical situations to solve problems.

Education & Qualifications
Our Lady and St. Bede RC secondary school         2004-2009
10 GCSE’s including Maths and English

Cleveland College of Art and Design                        2009-2011
BTEC in Fashion and Clothing
I received overall 18 Distinctions in my modules which equals ‘Distinction Distinction Distinction’ which was the highest grade I could achieve.
Advanced GCE in Art and Design
                B    Textile Design
Key Skills Application of Number Level 2
Key Skills Communication Level 3


Career History
Anna Corcoran Boutique                              OWNER/DESIGNER                         March 2012- March 2013
Duties:
·         Designing and creating clothing and accessories.
·         Promoting business.
·         Creating promotional literature.
·         Using my visual merchandising skills to design my boutique.
·         Taking custom orders from clients.
·         Taking payments from clients.
·         Fabric sourcing.
·         Suggesting styling tips to clients.

Tony Gallagher Hair Salon                           JUNIOR AND RECEPTIONIST        March 2012-March 2013
Duties:
·         Answering the phone to arrange appointments and to deal with any client enquiries.
·         Taking payments from clients using the till and card machine.
·         Adding client information to the Salon database.
·         Completing simple hair dressing tasks.
·         General cleaning duties.
·         Arranging stock orders.
·         Ensuring clients have all their needs met.
·         Promoting offers for the salon.
·         Encouraging sales of salon products.

Apollo Arts                                                          WORKSHOP LEADER                       June 2010- August 2012
Duties:
·         Teaching children of primary school age art based workshops, such as Street Dance, Art, Fashion, ICT, Music and Cookery.
·         Ensuring the safety of the children.
·         Completing daily evaluations of the workshops success.
·         Assisting transporting the children from numerous venues.
·         Organising and planning work curriculums for the workshops.
·         Working as a team to create performances and exhibitions of what the children had learnt.

Blue Square Music (re-branded as Apollo Arts) OFFICE ASSISTANT            September 2007- September 2008
Duties:
·         General administrative duties such as using the Microsoft Office.
·         Dealing with tuition fees.
·         Promotional literature designing.
·         General cleaning duties.
·         Organising paperwork.

Other Achievements
I completed a week of work experience at Kate Fearnley Boutique in which I got an insight into how clothing shops are run and promoted. I was able to join in completing tasks with Kate Fearnley’s PA within the shop and the office.
Along with achieving a high grade in my BTEC at Cleveland College of Art and Design, I also received the Student of the Year Award 2 years in a row.
I am very familiar with Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop which I can use in a professional and creative manner.

Hobbies & interests
I was in a street dance company for 2 years called Arc Crew and in that time we won Youth Dance England. This meant I spent a lot of time with the other members creating dance routines and inputting our own ideas, this shows I can work well individually and as a part of a team.
For a number of years I have been interested in photography as a hobby and I am very familiar with all standards of cameras and equipment.
Also, I play guitar and I am a part of an acoustic duo in which we take popular songs and strip them back to make them our own using guitar, piano and voice.


References available upon request

No comments:

Post a Comment